Here is a little backstory on the thinking and mindset behind how and why I invented the greatest Super Bowl Dish of all time: The Meat Bomb…
You know what’s great about pizza?
You know what’s great about pizza toppings?
You know what one problem is?
Pizza slices are too small. The tensilary strength of the bread is such that over a certain size the integrity fails and the bread collapses.
That’s not good.
You know what’s awesome about nachos?
You know what else is a tremendous nacho topping?
You know what limits the amount of meat and cheese toppings you can get in your mouth?
Nachos are too small. The structure of the nacho collapses under an excessive amount of meat and cheese.
This quandary used to bother me.
I’d toss and turn at night.
Then, one day, like Archimedes sitting in his bathtub, a solution hit me clear as day and I shouted “Meat!”
If the only thing holding me back from enjoying copious amounts of melted cheese and meat was the tortilla chips and bread, then…
REMOVE THE TORTILLA CHIPS AND BREAD FROM THE EQUATION…
And thus, on that fateful day, November 5th 1955, the same day that the flux capacitor was created, as fate would have it, I sketched out the very first meat bomb.
Dads, for over 20 years I’ve perfected the show-stopping, crowd-pleasing, greatest Super Bowl dip/dish of all time… From its legendary name to its flavor to its simple brilliance… Now, I’m sharing the recipe with you.
1/ Here Are the Top Secret Ingredients for The Meat Bomb
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- Large container of sour cream
- quarter cup brown sugar
- quarter cup taco seasoning
- 1/2 lb. shredded Colby Jack / American Cheese
- 1/2 lb. shredded Cheddar/Mozzarella
- 1/2 stick butter
2/ Here are the Instructions for The Meat Bomb
- Mix the ground beef, 2 eggs, taco seasoning & brown sugar in a bowl
- Put the bowl in the fridge for 2 hours minimum
- Next you’ll need a 12″ x 18″ x 2″ deep baking pan
- Here’s how you’ll prepare it…
3/ Prepare the pan for The Meat Bomb
- Layer the bottom of the pan with 1/2 your sour cream
- Spread the shredded colby jack/american cheese evenly over the sour cream.
- Now back to the meat…..
4/ Assembling The Meat Bomb
- Cook the ground beef mix in a skillet until golden brown.
- Mix butter ’til melted
- Spread the cooked meat in the pan
- Use a spatula to spread the rest of the sour cream on top
- Layer the mozzarella/cheddar cheese on top
5/ Final Preparations for The Meat Bomb
- Heat your oven to 350
- Place Meat Bomb in oven
- Watch closely. Remove once cheese on top melts/bubbles.
- SERVE THE GREATEST DIP/DISH OF ALL TIME
- … a few notes….
6/ The Meat Bomb Notes
- The Meat Bomb will weigh almost 4 pounds when done.
- It can 100% be eaten on its own – no chips.
- Chips are acceptable. BUT, get thick, sturdy chips to handle the weight.
- Take all the credit. Add your own wrinkles. Own it…
7/ Show Off
I’ll post mine as well.
If you’re the kind of person who is salivating over a Super Bowl dish/dip called the Meat Bomb, then you will 100% want to subscribe to my Books & Biceps newsletter:
You’ll also want to read: